We reserve the right to change this policy from time to time as industry practice, the law, and our procedures in this area may change from time to time. We will post the current version of this policy at: www.axcesstms.com. If the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice.
If the policies and procedures outlined in this document do not address a specific situation, individuals are advised to contact AxcessTMS’s Agent/Representative for guidance or clarification.
Personal Information We Collect
AxcessTMS collects and uses only the personal information that we need for offering services and operating our business. Generally, AxcessTMS collects the following personal information from individuals for the various purposes set out below:
- Employment application
- Inquiry regarding employment availability
- Contact with our staffing service representatives
- Communication/conversations (verbal/written) where the information is offered.
Personal information may include one, some, or all of the following information about you:
- Name, address, and telephone number
- The personal fax number and email address
- Occupation (current and past)
- Previous employment placements
- Pay history
- Language preference
- Date of birth (it is only necessary for us to acknowledge if you are over 18 and under 65 for purposes of Canada Pension) or actual date of birth for benefits purposes or if requested by WSIB in the event of a workplace injury
- Social insurance number, work permit number, and other identification
- Personal banking information for direct deposit
- Driver’s license number or other photo identification
- Marital status (if necessary for benefits application)
- Personal emergency contact information
- Hours worked
- Physical limitations and capabilities for the job offered
- Credentials to support training and/or education
Please Note: Follow Up Social Insurance Number and/or work permit number is required by law at the time of hire.
Safeguarding Personal Information:
Access to your personal information is restricted to our staffing service representatives who require access to diligently perform their job duties. We use your personal information for the purposes listed below.
Use of Personal Information:
Your personal information may be used for one or more of the following reasons related to providing customer service to you:
- Providing employment services (including references and employment confirmation)
- Acquire personal benefits
- Providing client referrals
- Processing payments
- Provide updates and information regarding services
- Delivering updates and information concerning services
Ordinarily, we ask for consent to collect, use or disclose personal information, except in specific circumstances where collection, use, or disclosure without consent is authorized or required by law. We may assume your consent in cases where you volunteer information for an obvious purpose.
You may withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of personal information at any time unless the personal information is necessary for us to fulfill our reasonable business or legal obligations. We will respect your decision, but we may not be able to provide you with certain products and services if we do not have the necessary personal information.
Collection Of Personal Information
The purpose for collecting personal information is set out in this policy. Any necessary consent shall be obtained before personal information is collected, used, or disclosed.
We ask for your express consent for some purposes and may not be able to provide certain services if you are unwilling to provide consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of certain personal information. Where express consent is needed, we will normally ask clients to provide their consent orally (in person, by telephone), in writing (by signing a consent form), or electronically (by clicking a button).
We ask for your express consent for some purposes and may not be able to provide certain services if you are unwilling to provide consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of certain personal information. Where express consent is needed, we will normally ask clients to provide their consent electronically by clicking a button. We may rely on “opt-out” consent for certain types of information.
Please note that we may use cloud-based services to store information. Where personal information is stored or processed outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of that foreign jurisdiction, and may be accessible to that jurisdiction’s governments, courts or law enforcement, or regulatory agencies.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to any outside source. We may be required to share some of or all of your personal information with third-party service providers including the following:
- Prospective and existing clients
- Disclosing information to companies & individuals we employ to perform business functions on our behalf
- Financial institutions (re: direct deposit)
- Insurance companies (re: benefits)
- Government agencies, advisors, and other third parties to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary.
- Staffing service representatives (re: quality assessment and risk management)
- Claims management company affiliated with AxcessTMS
Maintenance of Personal Information
Personal information shall be kept as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Individuals have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the personal information that is maintained by AxcessTMS and have it amended as appropriate.
Individuals seeking a correction or amendment to their personal information should direct their requests in writing to AxcessTMS’s Agent/Representative.
All formal requests to amend personal information must be accompanied by appropriate supporting documentation. AxcessTMS’s Agent/Representative will manage any exceptions. The amended information will be transmitted to third parties, as appropriate.
If the individual is not satisfied with the results of the request, AxcessTMS shall internally document the issue, and respond. The existence of the unresolved challenge will be transmitted to third parties, as appropriate.
Security of Personal Information
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary and as required by applicable legislation and securities regulations and will be disposed of in a manner that is appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We render clients personal information non-identifying or destroy records containing personal information once the information is no longer needed. We use appropriate security measures when destroying clients personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
Personal information will be protected by security safeguards, appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information.
We will notify the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta, and any other Privacy Commissioners as required, without delay, of a security breach affecting personal information if it creates a real risk of significant harm to individuals or as required under applicable laws.
If you are not satisfied with the response from our Agent/Representative after making a complaint, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy legislation. For further information, please contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner or your provincial Privacy Commissioner, as applicable.
Questions and Complaints
If you have a question or concern about any collection, use, or disclosure of personal information by AxcessTMS, or would like to request access to your own personal information, please contact: